ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  28/JUN/2011 11:09 PM
Assunto:  My part of the deal..

Mensagem: 

I think we are in the same book, but in different page here.  But gradually getting there.

The detail is you focused into the (key) word "deal"; I myself tought this and gave the example of a credit card, at the very beggining.

I changed my mind when I reread and saw the word "structure", it made me think of a hotel for example.  I agree that a better word would be a transaction,  a financial transaction involving money and the services at the hotel.  Since, a transaction can be a service rendered now and paid afterwards.

"If you were trying to write about something you have to pay rather than receive in a deal, in a situation where you agreed to cover a portion of the expenses, would you use the structure

"my part of the deal" to refer to it? "

In the same above reasoning, the services I tought could be a basic service offered when the guest made his/her check in at the front desk.    For example, the basic services paid in advance would be TV, the room itself, ar-conditioning and radio (a "no-frills" version).   Later on, if the guest decided to use the swimming pool/meals etc he would be charged for that (extra) service.

"My part of the deal", I don´t know for sure, but I think Infojunkie meant he asked for a definition, or a description of his role in the process; or the process itself.  But the "deal" word was the noise in the communication.

Thanks for the comment and, again, the ball is in your court.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
My part of the deal..  –  infojunkie  28/JUN/2011, 9:54 AM
My part of the deal..  –  PPAULO  28/JUN/2011, 11:11 AM
My part of the deal..  –  PPAULO  28/JUN/2011, 11:14 AM
My part of the deal..  –  Dale-USA  28/JUN/2011, 11:42 AM
My part of the deal.  –  PPAULO  28/JUN/2011, 6:01 PM
My part of the deal..  –  Dale-USA  28/JUN/2011, 8:28 PM
 My part of the deal..  –  PPAULO  28/JUN/2011, 11:09 PM
My part of the deal..  –  Dale-USA  28/JUN/2011, 11:49 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.