ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  24/SET/2011 2:38 PM
Assunto:  passar a

Mensagem: 

Charlotte, I would change it a little bit.  

It follows some sentences, but you can find more if you use some search machines.  Good luck on the search!

Ah, let´s wait more coming from the natives/teachers/other participants of the Forum.

Also, passar a - it is "turn into", "morph into" (for example: a gambler,  an egotistical guy/gal etc), is  some contexts.     

In others contexts could be, "he/she began to (do this or that...)

"Nós nos davamos bem, mas de repente eu passei a ter alguns problemas com...."

Eu posso usar o verbo TO COME meaning PASSAR A? Típo,  I came to have some problems...?

We got along well, but this changed when I began to have problems with the law/my health etc.

We got along well, but all of a sudden I started to get little distant, because

I was been horribly busy with family obligations and working over time...

We got along well, till until a few years ago; it was when I got in troubles...I came late at home because of my workload.

We got along well (for many years), but things changed when I had drinking financial/emotional problems.

We got along well, till she began to nag me about my alcohol addiction gone out of control.

We got along well, till she kept over-reacting over my gambling, Internet, alcohol, food, work, exercise, shopping and video game addictions!  Is she some type of attention seeker?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
passar a  –  Charlotte  24/SET/2011, 10:36 AM
 passar a  –  PPAULO  24/SET/2011, 2:38 PM
passar a  –  Orlando  24/SET/2011, 10:08 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K