PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  30/SET/2011 8:34 PM
Assunto:  Dc. House

Mensagem: 

Hey, people! 

While I was watching House - season 2 episode 3, just a few minutes prior to 22 min, I reckon I heard Greg House say this "she´s at the cops". The translation was 'sujou'.        Since I´m kinda curious, I googled up for it and got simply nothing. 
      Does anyone have a clue?

Hi Gus, I can´t be 100% sure, but it could be that "she is at the cops" (she is going to the cops to blab our scheme, spill the beans, let the cat out of the bag.    So...sujou!

Also, "at the cops" could be  understood as the "police station" or the place where the cops work.  Just like we say "at the parents" (na casa dos pais).   So, it might be it plain English or if not literally taken, the place where the cops are (or go, that is, where you could see them or be in touch - calling to them, for example).

Or you missed something within the sentence, say, "she is glancing/looking/yelling/laughing at the cops etc.  But it´s more likely it is previous option (as explained above).

http://www.bordermail.com.au/news/local/news/general/man-never-arrived-at-parents/2182559.aspx

MAN NEVER ARRIVED AT PARENT´S

He sent a text message to his estranged wife, Letitia, saying he was an hour from his parents’ house at Yarrawonga, on his way to pick up their children, which may have placed him in the Albury area.

It´s my hunch, let´s wait other views.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Dc. House.  –  Gus_RJ.  30/SET/2011, 12:31 PM
 Dc. House  –  PPAULO  30/SET/2011, 8:34 PM
Dc. House.  –  To PPaulo.  01/OUT/2011, 8:52 AM
Dc. House.  –  Dale/USA  01/OUT/2011, 12:45 PM
Dc. House.  –  To Dale/USA.  01/OUT/2011, 1:37 PM
Dc. House.  –  Dale-USA  01/OUT/2011, 4:36 PM
Dc. House.  –  To Dale/USA.  01/OUT/2011, 4:46 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.