Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  14/OUT/2011 11:20 PM
Assunto:  Re: Loose translation of mine...

Mensagem: 

1-fusíveis do circuito auxiliar (20 amperes) queimados, os mesmos estavam com jamper (sic)

In the diagram (fuses A, B and C blown, ...
     [Two, three...]Blown 20 Amp. fuses of the auxiliar/branch circuit circuit, they were with jumper (?)]    Couldn´t they be in the jumper? or used with a jumper?

Also:     (In the diagram)  Fuses A, B and C blown, ...

2- medir resistência do motor eletrico(megar)
    (To) measure the eletrical resistence of the motor/the motor eletrical resistence with a megohmmeter.

3- confeccionar surge-line/spike line... (supressor? protector? )
      To make an anti-surge controller/surge protector.
      To make a surge protective device (SPD).
      To make a surge suppression device.

Note 1-   Obviously you can make/cause a short circuit and doing that it causes a spike/surge of energy/current overload etc. but I don´t see why one would want to do it.  And your question would most likely be about suppressing it/protecting against it.

Note 2-  I am assuming you are talking about eletricity, albeit the term "surge line" is used to air compressors, and there are supressors/proctetives devices against surges as well.  Only that I assumed, at first, that  we were talking about the eletrical one.

--------------------------------------

It worth noticing I am a layman. If  some electrician/engineer or another people more educated in eletricity than I want to give specifics on the subject, or make some improvement in the comment, please feel free to do it.

PP. 

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
translation  –  João Nobre  14/OUT/2011, 12:35 AM
 Re: Loose translation of mine...  –  PPAULO  14/OUT/2011, 11:20 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K