ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  04/NOV/2011 12:56 AM
Assunto:  What's going on?

Mensagem: 

"Is this Forum fading? I suppose that a few of us are being missing, like Johannes and more."

I don´t think so, Fox Fox.   Indeed it is the way the Forum is, and Message Boards are pretty much this way.           

Pick the BBC Learning English, for example  (in the ASK part not the COMMUNICATE one) gets four posts a day, in average.

Even so, it have been around for quite a while, and people from several countries go there to clear up their doubts.  In a lesser extent, EMB does the same, since it takes questions from any of Brazil states about English, and from America about Portuguese.

Even questions from Brazil about Portuguese we have answered from time to time.

If you are talking about the members personal active participation (and certainly are), it may be another thing, people come and go.   It´s a fact of life.

I also miss the views of Marcio, Breckenfeld, Thiago, Johannes, Miguel Vieira, Josi, Maria Valeska, André Oliveira, Pat, José Roberto, André Costa, and a number of others that I don´t recall right now. 

Many might be busy with life, family, work, study and financial issues.     They will drop by when life is less bumpy.      Others are coming and just reading, don´t feel like writting, but at any moment they will drop by when they find something interesting.

Somehow I see what you mean and how you feel, every one of us leave a gap when is not seen around.      We really miss the Forum and the people that take part in it, but the door is always open to them here.

See you around. Take care.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What's going on?  –  Fox Fox  03/NOV/2011, 11:41 PM
 What's going on?  –  PPAULO  04/NOV/2011, 12:56 AM
What's going on?  –  Deivis  04/NOV/2011, 3:54 AM
What's going on?  –  Fox Fox  04/NOV/2011, 10:35 PM
What's going on?  –  Fox Fox  04/NOV/2011, 10:31 PM
What's going on? Hi Fox Fox  –  Jefferson  04/NOV/2011, 8:00 AM
What's going on? Hi Fox Fox  –  Fox Fox  04/NOV/2011, 10:39 PM
What's going on? Hi Fox Fox  –  PPAULO  05/NOV/2011, 12:55 AM