LINGUISTICS & CULTURE
|Data:||08/NOV/2011 6:48 PM|
What it had to do lead with school? kids are little things that absorb more, have more exposition time, even toys can poison them, and if memory serves me well the ink used in Newspapers may have lead.
And just in an age in wich they need badly to learn and be in schools not in hospitals!
Lead exposure.Children can be exposed to lead in many ways. Sources of exposure include lead-based paint and industrial sites and smelters that use or produce lead-containing materials. Lead-contaminated dust, soil, and water; leadcontaining
materials used in parental occupations or hobbies; and lead-containing ceramicware and traditional remedies all contribute to childhood lead exposure.
Lead-contaminated house dust, ingested in the course of normal hand-to-mouth
activity, is of major significance. House dust is most often contaminated by lead-based paint in the home, when such paint is peeling, deteriorating, or scattered about during home renovation or preparation of painted surfaces for repainting.
Housing with lead-based paint.Lead-based paint in homes is the most important remaining source of lead exposure for U.S. children. Substantial progress has been made in reducing other environmental sources of lead exposure, especially from gasoline and food.
Each year in the United States 310,000 1- to 5-year-old kids are found to have unsafe levels of lead in their blood, which can lead to a wide range of symptoms, from headaches and stomach pain to behavioral problems and anemia (not enough healthy red blood cells). Lead can also affect a child's developing brain.
The good news is that you can protect your family from lead poisoning. If you have kids between 6 months and 3 years of age, talk to your doctor about potential lead sources in your house or anywhere they spend long periods of time
Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens