[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Jefferson
E-mail:  jeffersonlsz@gmail.com
Data:  22/JAN/2012 4:49 PM
Assunto:  Do Americans feel afraid of the growth of English

Mensagem:  As a Brazilian I speak Portuguse as my mother tongue. But I'm trying to learn English (yeah that is horrible sorry ;-|) , I can speak a little bit of Spanish and Chinese Mandarin.

But the American people usually doesn't speak any distinct language from their own. I can read and listen their social media. I'm aware about what is happening in their country even if doesn't make any difference ;-)

Here in this forum we can count with Dale-RS, an American that speaks Portuguese and Spanish, but he is above average. 

The world is becoming global. But not for the average American. They can live only in their country, while we can live in Brazil, Portugal, a range of Spanish speaking countries or even in the most China regions lol. 

What you think about that ? Am I just getting crazy ?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Do Americans feel afraid of the growth of English   –  Jefferson  22/JAN/2012, 4:49 PM
Do Americans feel afraid of the growth of English   –  Sidney  22/JAN/2012, 5:58 PM
Do Americans feel afraid of the growth of English   –  Teacher  22/JAN/2012, 7:56 PM
Do Americans feel afraid of the growth of English   –  PPAULO  22/JAN/2012, 10:10 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K