Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Charles Krause
E-mail:  charleskrause@hotmail.com
Data:  14/FEV/2012 3:30 PM
Assunto:  Search perfection ou ... the perfection?

Mensagem: 

So, Dale.

You wrote

The native also has the experience of years of being in various situations with other natives, and he knows instinctively that if Mr. "A" says this, then he should say "B", and if situation "C" arises, his response should be "D".  This knowledge is not easily acquired, but for the native it is part of his daily life.

I agree with you just in part, but I think you misunderstood me when I said “Independently of being a native speaker”.

I meant that people aren’t excellent readers, writers or speakers just because they were born in a given country. For instance, in France there are bad writers or speakers as well as good ones. In Brazil, the same thing occurs. Anywhere, there are those who know nothing about geography, mathematics, sciences and so on. As to languages, they speak because they are natives, but they don’t explain anything.

Now, I consider some of your points: For example, of course I agree that a native speaker knows instinctively structures of his language; therefore I believe that knowledge about language is much broader.

Just a point of view. I believe that if a non-native person studies, this one will know about things much more than half a population of any country. In short, a native speaker’s knowledge is different from a non-native’s; by taking into consideration that the native speakers always take advantages.

I hope you have understood my point o view!

ATT,

Charles Krause

Teacher and owner of Krause School

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Usar "To" ou não usar?  –  Intruder  05/FEV/2012, 1:14 PM
Usar "To" ou não usar?  –  PPAULO  05/FEV/2012, 2:33 PM
Usar "To" ou não usar?  –  Dale-USA  05/FEV/2012, 4:04 PM
Usar "To" ou não usar?  –  Intruder  05/FEV/2012, 8:40 PM
Usar "To" ou não usar?  –  Charles Krause  08/FEV/2012, 4:59 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Oiroso_  09/FEV/2012, 11:44 AM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Marcio_Osorio  09/FEV/2012, 12:01 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  PPAULO  09/FEV/2012, 9:25 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Oiroso_  10/FEV/2012, 7:47 AM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Charles Krause  12/FEV/2012, 6:26 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Dale-USA  13/FEV/2012, 2:18 AM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Charles Krause  12/FEV/2012, 4:05 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Dale-USA  13/FEV/2012, 2:20 AM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Charles Krause  13/FEV/2012, 4:59 PM
Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Dale-USA  14/FEV/2012, 1:06 AM
 Search perfection ou ... the perfection?  –  Charles Krause  14/FEV/2012, 3:30 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K