ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Fox Fox
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  14/FEV/2012 8:51 PM
Assunto:  É para inglês ver? ou...

Mensagem:  Thanks Dale!
Aqui dizemos que alguma investigacao no governo ou no parlamento vai terminar em "PIZZA" quando uma acao eh apenas enganacao. Veja o contexto abaixo:
BASH: Exactly. There are people who know people on Capitol Hill, know aides, know lawmakers. You know, maybe even some former members of Congress who can get information of where a piece of legislation is going and, you know, report back. They're not registered lobbyists. They're not necessarily pushing for information. They're getting the information, extracting information.

COOPER: So does this bill, does it have any teeth or is it for show?

BASH: You know, mostly it's for show. That's not me saying that, Anderson. It's what I'm hearing privately from congressional sources in both parties. It is not lost on members of Congress, Anderson, that their approval rating is like 11 percent. They're extremely eager to polish off their tarnished reputation. They're hoping the legislation to ban insider trading in Congress will help. It's not often you see something like this pass 417-2. Just to be fair, though, I have talked to some experts who say that this does clear up some gray area in the law to make it easier to prosecute members of Congress or their aides for using public information for private gain.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
É para inglês ver? ou...  –  Fox Fox  13/FEV/2012, 9:18 PM
É para inglês ver? ou...  –  Dale-USA  13/FEV/2012, 10:19 PM
 É para inglês ver? ou...  –  Fox Fox  14/FEV/2012, 8:51 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K