ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  17/MAR/2012 9:34 AM
Assunto:  Sewage treatment.

Mensagem: 

1) Estação de Tratamento de Esgoto Doméstico, Físico e Químico.

I did like  "Water Pollution Control Facility", taken from http://www.poopreport.com/Consumer/poop_plant.html

Indeed, I would not mention the physical or chemical in this title, indeed "Sewage Treatment Plant" would do for me.   Generally adding "industrial" to Sewage Treatment

Plant would do the trick, my thinking.

Your question made me think that the plant itself was somewhat using physical and chemical processes, but now I see that it is for treating (residential) wastewater, and industrial sewage (mostly chemical particles, as we know). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewage_treatment

Sewage may include stormwater runoff, Sewerage systems capable of handling stormwater are known as combined systems. Combined sewer systems are usually avoided now because precipitation causes widely varying flows reducing sewage treatment plant efficiency. Combined sewers require much larger and more expensive treatment facilities than sanitary sewers. Heavy storm runoff may overwhelm the sewage treatment system, causing a spill or overflow. Sanitary sewers are typically much smaller than combined sewers, and they are not designed to transport stormwater. Backups of raw sewage can occur if excessive Infiltration/Inflow is allowed into a sanitary sewer system.

Sewage treatment, or domestic wastewater treatment, is the process of removing contaminants from wastewater and household sewage, both runoff (effluents) and domestic. It includes physical, chemical, and biological processes to remove physical, chemical and biological contaminants. Its objective is to produce an environmentally-safe fluid waste stream (or treated effluent) and a solid waste (or treated sludge) suitable for disposal or reuse (usually as farm fertilizer). Using advanced technology it is now possible to re-use sewage effluent for drinking water, although Singapore is the only country to implement such technology on a production scale in its production of NEWater.[2] 

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Household  –  Intruder  16/MAR/2012, 1:01 PM
Household  –  PPAULO  17/MAR/2012, 9:01 AM
 Sewage treatment.  –  PPAULO  17/MAR/2012, 9:34 AM
Household  –  PPAULO  17/MAR/2012, 9:47 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K