ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Julianaf
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  23/MAR/2012 12:32 PM
Assunto:  English by yourself

Mensagem:  Hey guys!
I would like to know your opinion about an issue that I have been thinking about lately.

Well, I always loved English, then, I decided to learn it by myself.
I did not attend an English course.
I stsrted translating songs, reading books, listening to music... I did all that was necessary to learn a little bit of English.
Then, I traveled to the USA. 
When I got back home, I started to teach English and I could notice that the other teachers were not veeeeery good in English.. I mean, they made some mistakes which are kind of unacceptable... (of course we all make mistakes, but saying that the "th" in English has the sound of "s" is terrible.)
After that I noticed that the best way to learn English is by yourself. Going to most of the English schools (the most popular ones, I mean) is actually a waste of money and time when you could be home learning through the internet where you can find a lot of good materials. So, what do you guys think about that? I would like to know your opinion and see if you agree with me... Because I've been trying to make people's mind about that.. They waste time and money with bad teachers ... 
Do you guys think I am right? 
The best way to  learn English is on your own? (especially for the ones who are in a hurry to learn and are very motivated and focused).

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 English by yourself  –  Julianaf  23/MAR/2012, 12:32 PM
English by yourself  –  Teacher  24/MAR/2012, 4:22 AM
part 2  –  Teacher  24/MAR/2012, 4:26 AM
part 2  –  PPAULO  24/MAR/2012, 9:00 PM
to PPAULO part 2  –  Teacher  25/MAR/2012, 2:30 AM
to PPAULO part 2  –  PPAULO  25/MAR/2012, 10:47 PM
to PPAULO part 2  –  PPAULO  26/MAR/2012, 9:51 PM
English by yourself?  –  Dale/USA  25/MAR/2012, 3:36 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.