[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Catarina
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  13/ABR/2012 1:37 AM
Assunto:  Translation

Mensagem:  I agree with you Sidney . People have to try first , see what is not   fixing and then ask for some help . 
Lili or Snow , if you are trying to read a college paper it would be better not to translate at all, try to understand the subject in English , at first it might  be difficult but you get used to it . When I was taking engineering, there were few books on Physics at the college's library and they got borrowed at once , so the  only books left were the English versions , I tried to study with them but seemed much more difficult but soon I got used to them and at the end of the term they were my first choice indeed and  the best of all I didn't need to rush to the library because the books were always there waiting for me . 
Please, don't translate , you'll see it is better to get articles in its original source because sometimes they are poorly translated or mistranslated . Try to understand the principal ideas of the paragraph and them make an effort to say it in your own words, after that , rewrite it in English , read again and you'll see that things will be much clear . It is a good practice  .

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Translation  –  snow  12/ABR/2012, 3:55 PM
Translation  –  Sidney  12/ABR/2012, 5:55 PM
Translation  –  lili  13/ABR/2012, 12:08 AM
Translation  –  Sidney  13/ABR/2012, 12:53 AM
 Translation  –  Catarina  13/ABR/2012, 1:37 AM
Translation  –  Thiago.;  13/ABR/2012, 9:25 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K