ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Teacher
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/MAR/2013 1:15 AM
Assunto:  public college in US

Mensagem:  Katiana,

I live in the U.S. I think I can answer your questions.

1- Is that so expensive that a person who works can't afford to pay? 

Top ranking colleges and universities are indeed expensive in the U.S. For that reason, the federal and state government offer assistance programs for U.S. citizens or legal residents, who can show that they have a financial need of assistance. 

2-Aren't there public colleges in US as we have here? Federal, State and Municipality ones? 

As far as I know, there aren't any "tuition free" colleges and universities in the U.S. There are scholarships for some students who can qualify.

3- Why people always travel to other state to take college and have to live in dorms?  Why don't they prefer to stay in their own place? Aren't there enough colleges in their own state? 

It is a very difficult culture; also there are different opportunities, and the economy of the country as a whole allows the U.S. citizens and legal residents more flexibility to move, find an apartment, get a job, etc. There are different courses and opportunities in different cities and states. Most youth prefer to move away from home at least during the school months, and some return home during Summer other students take Summer jobs or internships that can give good experience on a resume or good money so that students can study full-time without having to work during the school months.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
public college in US  –  Katiana  02/MAR/2013, 9:58 PM
 public college in US  –  Teacher  03/MAR/2013, 1:15 AM
public college in US  –  Dale-USA  03/MAR/2013, 1:40 AM
public college in US  –  Teacher  03/MAR/2013, 8:29 AM
Public college in US  –  Katiana  03/MAR/2013, 3:08 PM
Public college in US  –  infojunkie85  04/MAR/2013, 12:16 PM
Public college in US  –  Dale-USA  04/MAR/2013, 3:25 PM
Public college in US  –  JPaulo  05/MAR/2013, 11:49 AM
Public college in US  –  Teacher  06/MAR/2013, 5:01 PM