[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  22/JUN/2013 1:28 PM
Assunto:  Jurisdiction of

Mensagem:  e qualquer reivindicação ou litígio deverá ser submetido à jurisdição de
and any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and

Conditions shall be settled before the competent courts of ______(Sao Paulo? Helsinki? London? take your pick) in accordance with the law of___

Example from linguee:

The Swedish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions or the use of this website.
(os tribunais suecos.)

Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled before the competent courts of Helsinki.
(nos tribunais de Helsinki.)

=========================
I will leave the technicalities to more advanced learners, but I think that they don´t normally split up the notion of "jurisdição" and "país da lei regente" as initially shown in the question.
If in English courts would be in accordance with English laws, in Brazil in accordance with Brazilian laws or else in accordance with some treaty Brazil participate (some regional organization).    Maybe laws of Mercosul (Mercosur) bloc  etc...

I am just a layman, tough.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Jurisdiction of  –  Intruder  21/JUN/2013, 8:21 PM
Jurisdiction of  –  miltonhw  22/JUN/2013, 11:21 AM
Jurisdiction of  –  Intruder  22/JUN/2013, 12:36 PM
 Jurisdiction of  –  PPAULO  22/JUN/2013, 1:28 PM
Jurisdiction of  –  miltonhw  22/JUN/2013, 6:54 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K