ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Sidney
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  05/SET/2013 12:15 AM
Assunto:  Feedback do TOEFL

Mensagem:  Hi Katiana,

First, CONGRATULATIONS on the exam. I remember when I took the IELTS for immigration purposes it was hard. Try some of the listening for IELTS and you'll see that the TOEFL listening is a walk in the park...lol

Don't pay too much attention to tests. I've seen two different scenarios that made me see the tests from a different light. The first one was at university, a Korean student who got a high TOEFL score yet was not able to talk to people. The second situation was a born Canadian who took a shot trying to answer some questions on the IELTS and got 0 out of 10.

To be fair with the exam, it taught me how to organize my thoughts when I'm writing. By the way, your writing is really good. The only thing I would say is for you to use less commas. If the sentence gets too extend it's hard to read and to comprehend .

Reading is tricky, but like everything else in life, more you do better you get ;)
You mention about Jazz, when you learn a new language it's normal to make mistakes. And believe, those will stick in your memory forever. So don't take it personal, people will laugh when you mispronounce something, they will make that face of "ugh?!" but you will get better and learn from your mistakes. So, keep going :)

Once again congrats for the exam. Despite the results, congrats for taking the time to study and take the exam.

Sid.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Feedback do TOEFL  –  katiana  04/SET/2013, 11:06 PM
 Feedback do TOEFL  –  Sidney  05/SET/2013, 12:15 AM
Feedback do TOEFL  –  PPAULO  05/SET/2013, 11:28 PM
Feedback do TOEFL  –  Jazz  07/SET/2013, 8:41 AM
Feedback do TOEFL (Sid)  –  Jazz  07/SET/2013, 8:55 AM
Feedback do TOEFL (Sid)  –  Katiana  08/SET/2013, 9:41 AM
Feedback do TOEFL (Katy)  –  Jazz  08/SET/2013, 7:04 PM
Feedback do TOEFL (Jazz)  –  Katiana  12/SET/2013, 8:33 PM