[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Thomas / USA
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  19/JAN/2014 5:48 PM
Assunto:  Presentation about culture

Mensagem:  My experiences have been very negative.  I would never want to work with Brazilians again.

1-The name may be "a Lei Gerson".  It is the tendency to take advantage of anything that means more money today and to hell with tomorrow.  This includes not repaying loans, not paying sales commissions, sending faulty products, not keeping promises, etc.  

A Carioca friend in California was often cheated out of commissions on large sales by Brazilian firms that thought only of the money they were saving by not paying him.  Yes, he had contracts.  So what?  He would have lost money trying to get paid if he had taken the matter to court.  An American company would have paid the commissions PLUS a bonus for having brought so much money to the company.  The friend brought in a container of pots and pans for a California firm.  The shipment was rusty junk.

I had a contract with a consortium from the South (I think mainly from SC and RGS.) The first American customer that I sent to Brazil was offered a contract that excluded me.  It was my customer who protected me, insisting that I be paid a commission by the exporters as I had been promised.  The Brazilian consortium showed no loyalty, no honesty.

2-No concept of customer service.  There is little or no interest in listening to the customer and meeting his needs.  Many years ago I talked with a manufacture's agent at a party who was on his way back to Brazil.  He said he was going to open an export management company and "I am going to get rich because I have learned to listen to my customers."  I hope he got rich!  

When I showed cotton soccer shirts to customers in California, they told me they did not want cotton  but a synthetic  blend.  The Brazilian exporter insisted that I sell only cotton shirts.  I was told, "It is hotter in Brazil than in the USA."  Well, that is not true, of course. An Asian company would have exported exactly what the US customers wanted.

You do not want to hear about my problems with Brasiltelcom.  Foram eles que me ensinaram a xingar e usar palavroes em porttugues.   rsrsrs  I have lived in Panama and Costa Rica, and I have visited about 18 countries in Latin America.  This failure to give importance to the wishes and complaints of the customer is not limited to Brazil.   

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Presentation about culture  –  Katiana  19/JAN/2014, 3:56 PM
Presentation about culture  –  katiana  19/JAN/2014, 4:17 PM
 Presentation about culture  –  Thomas / USA  19/JAN/2014, 5:48 PM
Presentation about culture  –  Josi  19/JAN/2014, 7:36 PM
Presentation about culture  –  PPAULO  19/JAN/2014, 9:37 PM
Presentation about culture  –  Thomas / USA  19/JAN/2014, 9:48 PM
Presentation about culture  –  PPAULO  19/JAN/2014, 10:28 PM
Presentation about culture  –  Thomas / USA  20/JAN/2014, 12:13 PM
Presentation about culture  –  Katiana  22/JAN/2014, 9:12 AM