Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Fran
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/SET/2014 10:33 AM
Assunto:  Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)

Mensagem:  Hi Sid,

How is it going up in Canada?

I don't have any experience with Cambridge Exams, but I've always heard they are very challenging. If you have a lot of discipline you can study by yourself getting current textbooks geared specially towards the Cambridge Advanced Exam.

A suggestion I have, since you live in Canada, why not get a taste of a TESOL Certificate course at a local college or university or maybe just take college writing classes - BTW, I don't know if you have already done that, in case you haven't college writing at the very basic level 1000 classes is usually a very good starting point for us foreign speakers, but the teachers won't usually treat the students as ESL learners they will teach for natives and non-natives at the same level.

I took college writing, it was good, however more than 10 years later I can look back and see that I could have done better in those classes, but I did well for the limited experience I had back when I took those college level writing classes in the US. At the time I took the college level writing classes I was really concerned and even afraid if I would do well because my classmates were all native speakers. The material was great, the teacher did a great job, the classmates were a lot younger than me, and I even gave peer reviews on the classmates' writing.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)  –  Sidney  08/SET/2014, 12:44 PM
 Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)  –  Fran  15/SET/2014, 10:33 AM
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)  –  Sidney  16/SET/2014, 10:50 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K