[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  05/MAR/2015 1:00 AM
Assunto:  Communicative Approach

Mensagem:  Sorry buddy, I thought the question was "what you think". I try not to be judgemental and be neutral, what perhaps is of help to the very basic or intermediate learner, since there´s a very few places to train English and learn on the process, in Brazil or otherwise.  
Some guys out there have been around over the years with questions genuinely willing to know what we from the Forum have to say, share or opine about and I have tried not let them down, that´s my policy.
I am no educator by trade or training, so no ambition other that share something with my fellow learner, some that have just this tool to learn more than in their cities (or even classrooms).

Now, I honestly believe in education, and think that even learning from a faulty method or teacher, is better than nothing. It was in a public school classroom at the age of eleven, that I had my first lesson of English, I learned plenty of bad pronounced words (can´t blame the teachers, though.)
At that time we didn´t have the Internet, and my only way to know that English was "difficult" was by listening that short-wave radio (it was then that I knew my English was that bad, but then, I thought it was because I was a beginner...)
Today, watching some TV, videos, playing games (even the infamous GT Auto) are sources to learn some, not the ideal ways but it´s way better than before, I can say that for sure.  At some degree those can be a kind of emulators of reality, when someone has nothing else to go by, that was I meant in my message. 

I think half of the travel is appreciating the landscape, not the arrival to place itself. 
If a teacher can stimulate somebody else to learn a subject and/or kick-start a passion for it, I highly praise his/her effort. If I (and many learners) had stopped on our tracks by the thought that we don´t have the ideal conditions, I wouldn´t be writing these words right now, let alone reading or participating on the site.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Communicative Approach  –  Crok is loco  03/MAR/2015, 11:07 PM
Communicative Approach  –  Ricardo - EMB  04/MAR/2015, 12:40 AM
Communicative Approach  –  PPAULO  04/MAR/2015, 2:35 AM
Communicative Approach  –  Crok is loco  04/MAR/2015, 5:49 PM
 Communicative Approach  –  PPAULO  05/MAR/2015, 1:00 AM
Communicative Approach  –  Fran  08/MAR/2015, 9:57 PM
Communicative Approach  –  Crok is loco  09/MAR/2015, 5:46 PM
Communicative Approach  –  Fran  10/MAR/2015, 5:25 PM
Communicative Approach  –  PPAULO  10/MAR/2015, 11:29 PM