ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/SET/2015 12:14 AM
Assunto:  Help about starting conversation class

Mensagem: 
Thanks for letting us know, Sidney. And you are welcome back, ever.

Now, Fran, Josi, Sidney and the others that have read this topic. To my thinking, don´t matter the method, way, the teacher, where etc (though the "why" is commonly an interesting signal of the intention of the learner, and it´s what leads him somewhere, most of the time). Willingness is half of the battle (one can describe it in other words - passion, be into it...etc).

So, paraphrasing Saint Exupery on The Little Prince:
"It is the time you have lost for your rose that makes your rose so important."

It is the time spent in your hobby, interests, in what makes you tick, that makes you get motivated...it´s what is important to you.
If someone thinks English is important to him, he will do his best to learn (where´s there a will there´s a way.), he will get inspiration but will get transpiration as well.
In short, one has to interact, to read, to test himself and to leave his comfort zone. 
That´s why I think the magic isn´t lacking in Fran, not at all, the magic is everywhere, one has to go for it. It´s there for grabs.
Or else I wouldn´t know a thing of English, because I never was the sharpest knife on the drawer!   
So, Fran can use some patience etc, it helps, but the big plus is if the student strive for learning as well.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Help about starting conversation class  –  Fran  31/AGO/2015, 11:53 AM
Help about starting conversation class  –  PPAULO  31/AGO/2015, 10:17 PM
Help about starting conversation class  –  Josi  01/SET/2015, 9:37 AM
Help about starting conversation class  –  PPAULO  01/SET/2015, 11:04 PM
Help about starting conversation class  –  Sidney  01/SET/2015, 11:25 PM
 Help about starting conversation class  –  PPAULO  03/SET/2015, 12:14 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K