ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/DEZ/2015 12:32 AM
Assunto:  Correction

Mensagem: 
Today I am a bit late, but tomorrow or the soonest I will come back and try to read your piece critically.
Anyway, here goes the first impressions (you don´t have to agree with me, you can and must raise questions, if needed, and we will discuss the matter further).:

The purpose of the absorption system is to recover LPG and gasoline (heavier than ethane fractions) from the gases condensed in the high pressure separator HPS.

The purpose of the absorption system is to recover LPG and gasoline (heavier than ethane fractions) from the (product gases) [1] condensed in the high pressure separator HPS.

[1] From what I grasped from
http://www.ipt.ntnu.no/~jsg/undervisning/naturgass/oppgaver/Oppgaver2011/11Ahmad.pdf

You might recover said LPG and gasoline from Raw Natural Gas (NGL if I follow it is the rawest product.).

So it would be either "...is to recover LPG and gasoline (heavier than ethane fractions) from raw natural gas" 

or else "...is to recover LPG and gasoline (heavier than ethane fractionsfrom the product gases"  (since at this time the raw natural gas isn´t anymore, it is the sum of its "byproduct" gases - see note # [2])

In the first case I am thinking about item 2 from the literature above, and in the second [2] I think of item 2.2.2 there.

===========================
I also wonder if "absorption unit" or "absorption scheme" would be a better choice of words. 
Obviously you know wich "absorption system" you are talking about, but just hit google and run a search with "absorption system"!  It usually leads to something to do with refrigeration matters!
Yet, if it´s not in the opening of the text, then it´s fine, no problem at all (at this point the reader would already know the bottom line).

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Correction  –  Dede  08/DEZ/2015, 6:11 PM
 Correction  –  PPAULO  09/DEZ/2015, 12:32 AM
Correction  –  PPAULO  09/DEZ/2015, 12:37 AM
Correction  –  Dede  09/DEZ/2015, 5:02 PM
Correction.  –  PPAULO  14/DEZ/2015, 12:43 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K