Data:  07/JUN/2008 7:21 AM
Assunto:  Policiamento

Mensagem: 

Police checkpoints?

Police dragnet?

Police barrier?

Police barrier checkpoints?

Police roadblock?

(PITTSTON—Police plan to conduct roadblocks along Route 126 early Thursday morning as they continue their search for those responsible for Tuesday’s brutal home invasion that left two people critically injured.

Kennebec County Sheriff Randall Liberty said during a Wednesday afternoon news conference that deputies in his department and Maine State Police will conduct the informational roadblock between midnight and 2:30 a.m.

Police hope motorists who travel the route at that hour can offer information to assist investigators, Liberty said.

William G. Guerrette Jr., 48, and his daughter, Nicole Guerrette, 10, remain in critical condition at separate Maine hospitals following an early morning home invasion on Tuesday.

I think that "police roadblock" would be the equivalent in English for "Blitz policial" conducted in every major Brazilian city. When a roadblock is set up by the police they are always stopping the cars to look for something...I think the word blitz is used to describe an intensive police action (usually simulteneous in many parts of the city).

I hope it will help.

Bye!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Policiamento  –  Vasques  06/JUN/2008, 11:45 PM
Policiamento  –  Breckenfeld  07/JUN/2008, 1:55 AM
Policiamento  –  Dale/CR  07/JUN/2008, 2:58 AM
 Policiamento  –  Breckenfeld  07/JUN/2008, 7:21 AM
Policiamento  –  Johannes  07/JUN/2008, 9:22 AM
Policiamento  –  Dale/CR  07/JUN/2008, 9:46 AM
Policiamento  –  Márcio Farias  07/JUN/2008, 2:21 PM