ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  sarah lima
E-mail:  sarahlimapaixao@hotmail.com
Data:  17/JUN/2008 2:16 PM
Assunto:  Text!

Mensagem: 

I am going to talk about this book that I just finished reading.  It's called Twilight.  It's a love story about a normal girl that moves into a sunless town where she meets an unusual family of unbelieveably beautiful people.  Later she finds out they are vampires.

The love part starts when the girl, Bella, falls in love with Edward, the youngest of the vampire family.  He also falls in love with her, but at the same time he craves her blood. I am currently reading the second book called New Moon.

While I was reading the book, I couldn't help but compare it with Harry Potter.  They  share similiar fantasies.  However, Twilight is for a far more mature audience than the story of the young wizard.

The Twilight movie, which is currently under production, will get into the theaters in december 12, bringing vampires back from the dead in a movie that sucks. In all good ways. And by the way I have never watched Harry Potter because this one really sucks. In all bad ways.

Twilight will definetly kick some witches’ ass – Althought it’s better look out because, dude, they got brooms!

Present simple

Present continous

Relative clauses

Verbs

Past continous

So, because, although, but

Going to

Will, won’t

Present perfect

Comparative         

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 Text!  –  sarah lima  17/JUN/2008, 2:16 PM
Text!  –  sarah lima  17/JUN/2008, 2:17 PM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Márcio Farias  17/JUN/2008, 11:58 PM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Johannes  18/JUN/2008, 5:15 AM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Márcio Farias  18/JUN/2008, 8:26 AM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Maria Valeska  18/JUN/2008, 10:47 AM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Márcio Farias  18/JUN/2008, 7:54 PM
Like light caught between day and night  –  Maria Valeska  18/JUN/2008, 8:40 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K