ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/SET/2009 10:53 PM
Assunto:  to PPAULO, feedback

Mensagem: 

Every language and places have their differences   (instead of its? I put its because the 'every', but now I reread it  and have seen that that bit was pluralized because of 'languages and places'. is that so? )

...and when somebody tries to translate (changed by me, on your advice, of course)

Here´s where experience counts  (thanks, you hit the nail on the head)

...the more you get acquainted with the culture  (thanks again)

it is both verbal and non-verbal communication. (you are right, as usual.)

"you ain´t seen nothing yet..."  (this one was my fault, after having sent the post, I detected the missing word myself .   Only that I was hoping against hope that nobody would notice, hee hee. How naive I am...!)  And not to send a second posting with only a few words.  Well, a lame excuse, but I badly needed one...!

Your feedeback, and that of others are always welcome as well. And the very fact of their coming is a sign  that I need them and I can make use of them.
     That´s the idea; otherwise, it wouldn´t be a Forum.  And I am a learner, not a teacher or a native, so I have much to learn...
     I hope I help from my past mistakes, you know, an old dog don´t learn new tricks, they say.  Only that I am a stuborn dog, that´s the difference...ha ha ha.  Oops! Bow ow ow...

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
to PPAULO, feedback  –  Fran  03/SET/2009, 7:30 PM
 to PPAULO, feedback  –  PPAULO  03/SET/2009, 10:53 PM
to PPAULO, feedback  –  Fran  03/SET/2009, 11:20 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K