ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  deivis
E-mail:  deivis_fsilva@yahoo.com.br
Data:  22/SET/2009 4:03 PM
Assunto:  slang 3

Mensagem: 

Ball-breaker / ball-buster: 1. uma tarefa difícil. Construction work is a real ball-breaker. Moving the furniture was a ball-buster. 2. uma mulher dominadora eexigente com os homens. She has the reputation for being a Ball-breaker. She’s a Ball-buster but He still loves her!

Bankroll: Financiar. The corporations are going to bankroll the Olympic Games in exchange for advertising. My parents are bankrolling my university education.

Barf: vomitar. Johnny drank too much at the party and barfed! I was so sick last night, I barfed.

Bash: festão, festança. There was a big bash after the Oscars! Let’s go to the bash for Mel’s promotion party.

Beat: 1. ritmo de música. The beat of the music makes me want to dance. 2. area de trabalho de um policial. The cop is patrolling his beat. 3. bem cansado, exausto. Man, after running the marathon I’m really beat. 4. beat up: bater em alguém ou em algo, estar machucado, estar danificado. Bruno was beaten up by a motorcycle gang. My car is really beat up after all those cross-country drives.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 slang 3  –  deivis  22/SET/2009, 4:03 PM
slang 3  –  Dale-CR  22/SET/2009, 11:33 PM
slang 3  –  Deivis  24/SET/2009, 4:35 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K