LINGUISTICS & CULTURE
|Data:||23/OUT/2009 3:29 PM|
|Assunto:||sirene - Administrative Rules|
"Electromechanical Siren" means a siren with a stator and rotor driven by an electric motor.
"Electronic Siren" means a siren with an oscillator, amplifier and speaker.
"Emergency Vehicle" means a vehicle that is equipped with lights and sirens as required under ORS 815.230, 816.310, 820.350, and 820.370 and that is any of the following:
(a) Operated by public police, fire or airport security agencies;
(b) Designated as an emergency vehicle by a federal agency; or
(c) Designated as an emergency vehicle in writing by the Manager of Transportation Safety.
(8) "Hi-Lo" means a nonsiren sound, as defined in this rule.
(9) "Manual" means a siren control that allows the operator to produce a wailing sound by alternately applying and releasing a momentary contact switch.
(10) "Mechanical Siren" means a siren with a stator and rotor driven by a mechanical connection to a moving part of the vehicle or engine.
(11) "Nonsiren Sound" means an audible device, such as a vehicle theft alarm, that produces:
(a) An unvarying sound;
(b) A varying sound that cycles at a rate faster than 400 cycles per minute; or
(c) A discontinuous sound that repeats at rates lower than 90 cycles per minute or higher than 400 cycles per minute.
"Siren" means a warning device that produces the audible sound readily identified with emergency vehicles.
(14) "Transportation Safety" means the Transportation Safety Division of the Department of Transportation.
(15) "Wail" means a siren sound that is a slow, continuous automatic cycling of increasing and decreasing frequencies and sound levels.
(16) "Yelp" means a siren sound producing a rapid continuous automatic cycling of increasing and decreasing frequencies and sound levels.
Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens