[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Márcio Farias
E-mail:  marcio_osorio@oi.com.br
Data:  06/FEV/2010 6:34 PM
Assunto:  What do you think? the customer is not always righ

Mensagem:  <<[...] Would, on the other hand, be the consumer in English-speaking countries arrogant and bullying? would be a balance?>>

PP, you might consider rephrasing both of your questions. It seems to me that the object in the first question stands a bit too far apart from the modal. In the second, we can see a question with no object at all.

On the Parisian customer vs. buyer rather paradoxical issue I can't say much. I indeed have heard the French bear a reputation for treating customers rather harshly BUT this stems from ill-formed opinions and misconceptions. Not all French treat people that way though. Talk about my neighbors if they won't talk about you.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 4:46 PM
 What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Márcio Farias  06/FEV/2010, 6:34 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 8:21 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Humilita'  06/FEV/2010, 9:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:14 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Toto  08/FEV/2010, 5:39 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  08/FEV/2010, 11:31 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:57 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  09/FEV/2010, 7:26 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 2:01 PM
and another thing...  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 4:52 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K