[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Toto
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  08/FEV/2010 5:39 AM
Assunto:  What do you think? the customer is not always righ

Mensagem:  The French can go ahead and kiss my b...

On the other hand that news article is good advice to remind the casual traveler that while in Paris you're not in Kansas anymore.

On the other hand, America is rather optimistic but that's not a guarantee that customer service is always going to be polite. Even with the huge recession the US is going through customer service is still not that great, although it still varies from company to company.

I've been to In-and-Out Burger and they have the best fast-food customer service I've ever experience in the US. Again I am talking burgers not prime-rib.

Your looks, your clothing, your demeanor, and your language skills can either increase or dramatically decrease your chances of great customer service in the US. I have tested different customer service wearing different clothing and I could tell the level of service I got based on what I wore while visiting different stores in the US.

I was also refused taxi service in London, the driver told me he couldn't see the roads very well. How lame of an excuse could that be!? ...probably my destination was out of his way, it was late on a Saturday night, I had just got in London, and I had a lot of luggage. I rode the underground to the nearest station where I'd be staying just to save a bunch of British pounds.

But then another cab driver came around and things worked out just fine.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 4:46 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Márcio Farias  06/FEV/2010, 6:34 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 8:21 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Humilita'  06/FEV/2010, 9:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:14 PM
 What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Toto  08/FEV/2010, 5:39 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  08/FEV/2010, 11:31 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:57 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  09/FEV/2010, 7:26 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 2:01 PM
and another thing...  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 4:52 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K