ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  dale-cr
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/FEV/2010 1:57 AM
Assunto:  What do you think? the customer is not always righ

Mensagem: 

I just spent seven weeks in Bolivia.  Most people were great, but about 50% of the taxi drivers refused to take me to my destinations.  I saw the same thing happening to Bolivians.  I spent several hours each day in the small pharmacy owned by friends in La Paz.  Their level of service to customers (and even strangers) was exemplary.  I was treated very well in retail stores.

I am now in Peru.  Stores here that cater to tourists often have very pushy clerks completely devoid of common sense and good manners.   (While the tourist is looking at one item, the clerk will often thrust other merchandise into the customer´s face.)  In shopping centers, however, the treatment is excellent.

Everything is relative, including relatives. 

countryman = paisano

someone from the country = caipira

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 4:46 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Márcio Farias  06/FEV/2010, 6:34 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 8:21 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Humilita'  06/FEV/2010, 9:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:14 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Toto  08/FEV/2010, 5:39 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  08/FEV/2010, 11:31 PM
 What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:57 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  09/FEV/2010, 7:26 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 2:01 PM
and another thing...  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 4:52 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K