ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  dale-cr
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/FEV/2010 4:52 PM
Assunto:  and another thing...

Mensagem: 

I have been  in seven countries (plus Costa Rica where I reside) in the past five months.  Forget about customer service for a moment:  customers are often very unkind to one another.  You are waiting for a taxi.  Another guy comes along, walks 2-10 meters further down the road toward oncoming traffic, and starts waving to get the attention of passing taxis.  He is competing for YOUR taxi.  I like to walk past him a few meters and start waving at taxis.  

The same basic thing happens in stores.  You are waiting your turn and another customer walks in, ignores you, and tries to get the clerk´s attenton.   I like to ask, "Don´t the people of (NAME OF COUNTRY) respect lines?" 

The customer is not always right, but he is always the customer.  If the seller doesn´t give the customer what he wants, another seller will.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 4:46 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Márcio Farias  06/FEV/2010, 6:34 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 8:21 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Humilita'  06/FEV/2010, 9:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  06/FEV/2010, 10:14 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  Toto  08/FEV/2010, 5:39 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  08/FEV/2010, 11:31 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:57 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  PPAULO  09/FEV/2010, 7:26 AM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 1:49 PM
What do you think? the customer is not always righ  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 2:01 PM
 and another thing...  –  dale-cr  09/FEV/2010, 4:52 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K