ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  06/MAR/2010 5:00 PM
Assunto:  to Sidney, how to motivate other

Mensagem: 

Fran, I do understand how your dad felt; and you do have reasons to be proud of your old guy.   

For me it´s no flaw in his work life or family life the fact of not having formalized his status as a translator and English connoisseur, this diminishes in nothing his job.

On the contrary, due to the bumpy road he took, it´s a wonder what he did, from what you let us know.

I was in similar craggy road, and only too late (in a number of ways) I discovered a light fancy for English, and didn´t work with English that much. It´s a new world for me, I would say.   I liked English from day one, when I was in the "5ª série" and it was introduced to me, it opened the Pandora´s box!

Sidney, you have presented a very interesting concept, tough everyone knows, but that are plenty of people that wish to learn English, but they don´t stay on the tracks for long. Discipline is part of the game.

http://writeordie.drwicked.com/2009/07/ritual-vs-habit.html  

Here an interesting (for me) piece of advice to whom wishes to learn English, or for that matter, anything else.  Consider making, e.g. learning English, a ritual.  Just like brushing the teeth or taking at least one shower a day.

Another way to incentive (ourselves) is to think about what we get in the long run; we can sing with our fave singer, understand what people are talking about (abroad), we can read news and so on and son.

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
to Sidney, how to motivate other  –  Fran  05/MAR/2010, 4:04 PM
to Sidney, how to motivate other  –  Sidney  05/MAR/2010, 5:26 PM
 to Sidney, how to motivate other  –  PPAULO  06/MAR/2010, 5:00 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K