ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale-CR
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  03/JUN/2010 2:45 PM
Assunto:  tradução resumo odonto ok?

Mensagem: 

Marceu, I am unable to help you with the technical language.  However, I have found a possible few ways to make the translation sound smoother that you may wish to consider.  There are some expressions I simply cannot find good counterparts for.  Once you have completed the translation, I urge you to show it to a native speaker dentist.  Every profession has "jargon", terms commonly used within the profession.  A dentist will be in a good position to make the translation sound more natural to the ears of a colleague.  As an example, "anterior teeth" is a dental term unknown to most native speakers who would probably use "front teeth".  Your English is quite good, by the way.  Technical translations are murder! - Dale

The demand for aesthetic standards of the anterior teeth has been increasingly the reality of the dental office. (There has to be a better way to say this.  But what?  "increasingly commonplace"?)  And porcelain veneers are restorations that satisfactorily achieve the patient’s aesthetic needs. Being a more conservative treatment and requiring less time, they are attached to the tooth structure and affixed with resin sealer, favoring (???) their optical, biological and mechanical  properties, since correctly displayed (???).  Directions and regular maintenance are important because over time, or with patients’ bad habits, we could have problems like marginal staining, cracks, chips and even adhesive failures. This study presents a review of the literature followed by a clinical case which will detail all phases of clinical preparation for a veneer of feldspathic porcelain.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
tradução resumo odonto ok?  –  Marceu  01/JUN/2010, 11:18 PM
tradução resumo odonto ok?  –  Teacher  02/JUN/2010, 2:59 AM
tradução resumo odonto ok?  –  PPAULO  02/JUN/2010, 6:38 AM
tradução resumo odonto ok?  –  marceu  02/JUN/2010, 2:24 PM
 tradução resumo odonto ok?  –  Dale-CR  03/JUN/2010, 2:45 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K