Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale-USA
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  05/JUN/2010 4:51 AM
Assunto:  Dealers, Dealerships, Vendors, etc...

Mensagem:  The keyword is "authorized".  A dealer is authorized by the manufacturer to sell the products of the manufacturer.  If I steal your Seiko watch and sell it on the corner, I cannot be called a Seiko dealer because the manufacturer has never heard of me, has not authorized me to sell its products, what I am doing is illegal, etc.  If you walk into my store and see a huge Seiko sign, chances are I am an authorized Seiko dealer although I may sell Citizen, Omega, Tissot, etc.

A "dealership network" is merely the system of dealers and channels of supply and communication to them and between them that give the dealers access to product information, ordering of inventory, training (sales and technical), etc.  Ford, Chevrolet, John Deere, FIAT, Sony, Apple Computers, etc. all have dealership networks.

A "vendor" is anyone who sells.  Surprisingly, a vendor can sell his services.  A vendor does not necessarily sell a product.  A vendor could be a dealer, but chances are he is working on a much smaller and limited scale than a dealer.  In fact, he may be a mere peddler.  Ah, another difference.  A dealer will have a permanent place of business, but a vendor may not and may be working out of a briefcase or suitcase, a car trunk, etc.  The owners of "camelos", for example, are vendors but they are certainly not dealers.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Dealers, Dealerships, Vendors, etc...  –  André_rs  04/JUN/2010, 11:54 PM
 Dealers, Dealerships, Vendors, etc...  –  Dale-USA  05/JUN/2010, 4:51 AM
Dealers, Dealerships, Vendors, etc...  –  André_rs  05/JUN/2010, 3:53 PM
Dealers, Dealerships, Vendors, etc...  –  Dale-USA  05/JUN/2010, 5:22 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K