ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  12/JUN/2010 11:02 PM
Assunto:  last abstract doubts

Mensagem: 

At some point you use "metal free" and then you use "metal-free'; you have to stablish a  pattern of your own. (I would, favour the hyphenated one, but then, it´s me).

That said, let´s go to the text:

Diante desta corrida tecnológica, resultados estéticos e mecânicos têm ganhado impulso extra.

Novos materiais e técnicas foram desenvolvidos, aprimorados e aperfeiçoados com o intuito de criar novas soluções restauradoras e obter resultados satisfatórios.

In the face of (the ever growing) technological development/advances experienced in the field of dentistry, high esthetic results and functional as well, are much sough after.  

New materials and techniques were developed, refined and perfected in order to creating new restorative dentistry solutions along with getting a more natural appearance/satisfactory/attractive results.

- - - - - - - - -

Well, my two pence worth, I am no D.D.S or D.M.D., so it´s a mere attempt to reach a more natural English (if any).  Given the complexity of the ''dentalese'' lingo, it´s advisable a proofreading from a dental medicine faculty student  (at the very least), or some expert on the subject.

I also hope EMB people check it out, for minutes of the English language (grammar, coherence etc). 

Still, I couldn´t go further because of lack of time (too much to my plate these days, so I couldn´t step to this one.)    Even so, I will come to the following paragraphs, as soon as I can.

I can´t help noticing your English is very good, keep up the good work.

PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
last abstract doubts  –  marceu  12/JUN/2010, 7:13 PM
 last abstract doubts  –  PPAULO  12/JUN/2010, 11:02 PM
last abstract doubts  –  marceu  14/JUN/2010, 8:29 AM
last abstract doubts  –  PPAULO  14/JUN/2010, 8:42 PM
last abstract doubts  –  PPAULO  15/JUN/2010, 8:00 PM
last abstract doubts  –  PPAULO  15/JUN/2010, 9:31 PM
Doubts on (this/my/an) abstract...   –  PPAULO  15/JUN/2010, 9:41 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.