Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  Fran
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/SET/2010 3:00 PM
Assunto:  Help
Mensagem:  Claudia,

Considering you live in the U.S. you could easily register at you local college or community college for a "Writing 101" class or even General English 100 / 1000 - any class in that range. This is usually a 2 to 4 credit class - you can take that class alone. Colleges and community colleges usually have an open door policy so you don't have to go through a lengthy process to get enrolled.

You have probably learned to speak English on your own by listening the native speakers around you, am I right?

I have a feeling that you graduated in Brazil before moving to the US and now going straight to a Masters in the US without having attended college in the US presents a major learning curve for you when it comes to writing and presenting papers. 

Taking Writing or General English will help you to write better papers, there's even classes such as How to Write e Research Paper, there's plenty of help in the US, and taking one of those classes will help you in that learning curve process.

Wish you the best of luck on your studies!

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Help  –  Claudia  03/SET/2010, 11:32 AM
Help  –  Sidney  03/SET/2010, 2:11 PM
 Help  –  Fran  03/SET/2010, 3:00 PM
Help  –  Dale-USA  04/SET/2010, 3:18 PM
Help  –  orlando  04/SET/2010, 4:45 PM
Help  –  Teacher  05/SET/2010, 2:01 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K