Autor:  Dale-USA
E-mail:  dale_thomas2004@yahoo.com.br
Data:  04/SET/2010 3:18 PM
Assunto:  Help

Mensagem:  I am going through = getting / working toward
here in USA.= here in the USA
8-10 pages paper. = 8-10 page papers / an 8-10 page paper
I have understand = I understand / I know
I can do very good presentation = I can make very good presentations / I can make a very good presentation
when it comes about my writting skills = when it comes to my writing skills
in the market = on the market
or better saying = or rather / or I should say
the content are definetely A's = the contents are definitely worthy of A's.
I feel stuck to present a though in writing. = (I do not understand what you mean..  "I find it difficult to present my thoughts in writing"?   stuck = atrapahlada?)
it comes up very confusing. = it comes out unclear / it comes out muddled

My opinion is that (1) your errors in English are distracting your professors from your work, and (2) you could benefit from classes in the areas of general English and writing skills.  You know your field.  You just need to learn how to express yourself better.

You are probably making more errors and mistakes in spelling, grammar, idioms, etc. than you realize.  The attention of the reader is drawn to them rather than to your observations and conclusions based on your years of study.  You can overcome this by reviewing English on your own with the help of a good book, getting someone to point out problem areas to you, and taking English classes.  You will find that Brazilians and American do not write alike. This is cultural.  Since you are competing with Americans for grades, you need to learn how to write like an American.  As Fran has said, classes in both areas are available.   

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Help  –  Claudia  03/SET/2010, 11:32 AM
Help  –  Sidney  03/SET/2010, 2:11 PM
Help  –  Fran  03/SET/2010, 3:00 PM
 Help  –  Dale-USA  04/SET/2010, 3:18 PM
Help  –  orlando  04/SET/2010, 4:45 PM
Help  –  Teacher  05/SET/2010, 2:01 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K