Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  30/NOV/2010 5:29 PM
Assunto:  Franquias para todos os gostos.

Mensagem: 

Well, I read the whole thread at

http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_message.php?message_id=6936

What I sincerely hope, is that they respect the end user (the learner of English) and the teachers, if not; learners will get here and in others Forums and we will know.

There were English courses wich bet in the fact the student would drop out in three months or so, but he would sign a year-long-contract.

To my thinking, if you would leave earlier you would be pay proportionally to the time you studied. In other words, it had to have a ''return policy'' of sorts; this way you would be reimbursed in the 9 months payment.

This, not say about the industry around this, price of diplomas, money paid to suspend temporarily studies and a number of others "services".

And the fact of teacher having to adopt the book made by the franchise, I saw one that had plenty of grammar mistakes (or typos? assuming the best), not that they shouldn´t have a book of their own; but at least, they might correct the books from time to time.

Students sometimes are to blame, sometimes when teachers recommend a book they complain that they have already bought the course book.

I see also that with a little bit of apprehension, that all-encompassing mergers are going to be to benefit of the learner and teacher or weaken the competition that could possibly appear?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Franquias para todos os gostos.  –  José Roberto  30/NOV/2010, 9:34 AM
Franquias para todos os gostos.  –  PPAULO  30/NOV/2010, 10:42 AM
Franquias para todos os gostos.  –  José Roberto  30/NOV/2010, 11:11 AM
 Franquias para todos os gostos.  –  PPAULO  30/NOV/2010, 5:29 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K