ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Fox Fox
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  11/DEZ/2010 5:53 PM
Assunto:  Compromise ?

Mensagem: 

Creio que embora tudo o que escrevi tenha todo sentido no seu âmago transacional, suponho que as palavras que melhor dariam entendimento para “compromise” seriam: agenda e/ou pauta.
BLITZER: And joining us now from Bowling Green, Kentucky, the senator-elect from Kentucky, Rand Paul. Senator-elect, thanks very much for coming in.
SEN.-ELECT RAND PAUL (R), KENTUCKY: Good to be with you.

BLITZER: I know you can't vote during this lame duck session, you won't be a United States senator yet, but what do you think? Do you support this compromise that President Obama has worked out with the Republican leadership on extending the Bush-era tax cuts?

PAUL: Well, I think the most important thing government can do right now for the economy is to extend the Bush tax cuts. I would be for extending them permanently, so that's my first problem with this. The other thing is, one of my biggest concerns is the deficit. So, I think if you're going to extend and add new tax cuts, you should couple them with cuts in spending. Instead, we're coupling them with increases in spending, and I think that's the wrong thing to do. Obrigado a todos pela ajuda.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Compromise ?  –  Fox Fox  09/DEZ/2010, 2:55 PM
Compromise ?  –  Josi  09/DEZ/2010, 4:47 PM
Compromise ?  –  Dale-USA  09/DEZ/2010, 5:21 PM
Compromise ?  –  Fox Fox  09/DEZ/2010, 9:48 PM
 Compromise ?  –  Fox Fox  11/DEZ/2010, 5:53 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K