ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  José Roberto
E-mail:  josezambon@terra.com.br
Data:  13/JAN/2011 8:34 PM
Assunto:  Second question source

Mensagem:  Heya PPaulo

I go with you, althought it is good (and I think necessary) for the language teacher to have some theoretical background, the book, and believe me for I have been reading it for about 3 years, is very rich and demanding.It is a nice book to work with teachers, to sit down and go through its pages on a nice pace in a healthy study group. Like you, I wouldn't put  a priori such a question on a teacher's test, maybe for academics, like lato sensu or Masters' degree examinations.

I have a hunch that the examination board, given these only two questions, seems not to be fully aware of what they are looking for, once I took a test in SP Capital, didn't get the job because it turned out they didn't have a lengthy number of classes so that I would be able to move over, anyway, but along the classical grammar/use of English test, there were questions like "what do you say when a students asks about the meaning of do in Where do you work?" this kind of question tests both the teacher's notion of grammar and also how they deal with it in the real thing.

Best

JR

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
upon + on  –  Miguel  12/JAN/2011, 2:57 AM
upon on  –  Teacher  12/JAN/2011, 6:14 AM
upon on  –  PPAULO  12/JAN/2011, 6:09 PM
upon on - to PPaulo  –  eddie  12/JAN/2011, 7:05 PM
upon on - to PPaulo  –  PPAULO  12/JAN/2011, 11:31 PM
upon on - to PPaulo  –  PPAULO  12/JAN/2011, 11:33 PM
Second question source  –  José Roberto  13/JAN/2011, 11:51 AM