ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  26/JAN/2011 9:15 PM
Assunto:  in-season

Mensagem: 

Não exatamente uma tradução técnica, digo, não ouvi nem li ninguém falar isso, mas lá vai meu bedelho aqui.  Eu traduziria exercícios para atletas competindo/em fase de competição.

In advanced training strategies for sports terminology, there are some main phases.

In this book I found this "European Terminology versus Traditional American Terminology", as it follows:

European Terminology

a) Preparation phase;

b) First transition;

c) Competition phase;

d) Second transition (active rest)

Traditional American Terminology 

PRE-SEASON:   Equivalent to above "a" and "b", there is:

a) Preparation phase;

b) First transition;

IN-SEASON:   Equivalent to:

c) Competition phase;

OFF-SEASON:   Equivalent to:

d) Second transition (active rest)

To see it in detail, you can click here, and see at pg 213 =>

http://books.google.com/books?id=ylsfDoufD_4C&pg=PA182&lpg=PA182&dq=%22in-season+exercises%22&source=bl&ots=f4aVDOu8CQ&sig=ZNiSDjrdCpTEQwlFOT1h3fW0tek&hl=pt&ei=gaBATbLPIMSBlAfg0M2hAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=%22in-season%22&f=false

"109. I was wondering if you could tell me what the best inseason exercises for pitchers are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my Coaching Adult Pitchers book, I provide my wrist weight, iron ball and baseball training exercises. Pitchers start at a minimum number or repetitions and the lowest weights. To achieve higher levels of fitness, they increase the number of repetitions to double the minimum and then increase the weight and decrease the number of repetitions back to the minimum number. When pitchers start competing, I have them reduce the number of repetitions to one-half of minimum and their intensity to a comfortable level. Therefore, to answer your question, the best in-season exercises for pitchers are the off-season exercises that I recommend, but reduced to one-half the number of repetitions at a comfortable intensity."

PP => Why´s that? because while competing (in-season), the athlete has to slow down his exercises, then he is diminishing his risks of having  himself injured from too much activity.

Hope it clarifies things a little bit.   PP.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
in-season  –  Bel  26/JAN/2011, 9:54 AM
 in-season  –  PPAULO  26/JAN/2011, 9:15 PM
in-season  –  PPAULO  26/JAN/2011, 9:19 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K