Fórum EMB de Discussões
[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  15/AGO/2011 7:18 PM
Assunto:  Guidance Counselor

   Yeah, nice of you to share that one with us, Teacher.

   Sounds like the advisor is the the Professor who helps a graduate or doctorate student to research and write a thesis. 

   And there is the "academic advisor", the person that interacts with college students, mostly about their academical lives (within and outside campus).

   So they can see him for concerns like:

   - Withdrawing, dropping or adding a course, exam excuses, online course approval forms, transfer equivalency course approval forms.

    - Personal or family issues that directly affect your ability to attend classes or to complete course work, first week of classes, last day to drop or declare a course Pass/D+/D/Fail,  yada yada yada.


   In other words, the academic advisor is the one that gives the advice.    And the advisee is the one that receives it, but often doesn't listen.



   Further reading:



Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

 English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Guidance Counselor  –  Re  13/AGO/2011, 2:48 PM
Guidance Counselor  –  PPAULO  13/AGO/2011, 7:11 PM
Guidance Counselor  –  Teacher  15/AGO/2011, 1:52 PM
 Guidance Counselor  –  PPAULO  15/AGO/2011, 7:18 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K