LINGUISTICS & CULTURE
|Data:||30/MAR/2012 8:57 AM|
I'm trying to improve my listening by watching Friends, but there's a lot of doubts coming out. Would anyone help me, please?
(Season 1, Episode 1)
1. Phoebe says: "If I let go of my hair, my head will fall off", meaning "Se eu soltar meus cabelos, minha cabeça vai cair". But I can't understand why she says "I let go OF my hair".
2. Monica says: "I'll be right back, I just gonna go...ahn...". Ross says: "A-wandering?". What does it mean? (On DVD subtitles it's translated as: "Uma viagem?", on internet subtitles: "Pensar na vida?").
3. Ross says: "Aruba, this time of year... talk about your... big lizards". Why does he say "talk about your"?
4. Rachel says: "I was in the room where we were keeping all the presents, and I was looking at this gravy boat". Why here does she use "this" instead of "that"? (The gravy boat is not in her hands or in the place they are).
5. Ross says: "Even if I get it together to ask a woman out, who am I gonna ask?". What does "get it together" mean?
Thanks in advance!
Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens