[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Camacho
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  10/MAI/2004 1:55 AM
Assunto:  Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is

Mensagem:  ---that english vocab is far greater than port (because we are not hampered by the structural limits that restrict your language and so can adopt and expand with great ease), --- OH Good, Maybe we have less words, but we have a conjugation table.... and English has around 100 words for a simple object, oow, does a language need to have so many useless words just to keep the pride of having more words than others.. ---- that english is in fact two separate languages (with great variation between written and spoken forms - unlike yours)---- Heh, did you know Portuguese has a complex conjugation system which has 40 forms for every person and time??? I don't think English has eu como tu comes ele como nós comemos, eu acho que ingles apenas tem I eat He eats, mas o verbo to be já é um avanço ----- that spoken english also has a wider range of sounds than yours---- And that written Portuguese has more than 40 forms for a verb than yours??? ---of course many people are filled with enormous pride when they see how many useless and archane distinctions their language contains and they assume that native speakers must have a higher IQ as a result of the obfuscatory structures in their language - but i suggest that portuguese and brazilian history over the last 500 years would tend to contradict any such conclusion (just kidding!!)----- I don't think speakers of a language where there is no conjugation can be intelligente, they are lazy asses at best. ---many people would say that in fact these unnecessary and obsolete technical details merely reflect the 'primitive' and undeveloped nature of the language (i've heard it said)---- Assload of irregularities in English spelling are bad, Portuguese is atleast better construct than English, a language that hardly can rip off the spelling of other languages.... The U in Minute is a cheesy attempt to pronounce the rounded vowel y that unluckily, English doesn't have and simply put a vowel that French doesn't have to its spelling. Not only Portuguese, also Spanish is a lot harder than English. bah, German, Italian.. English is the same of Germanic languages, Germanic friends of English should be ashamed of English. German is so much better than English.... Swedish has 16 vowels, unlike English that only has 12.... The fact is that you are envious that Portuguese is one, if not the, hardest language in the world.... Gracias.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
FACT OF THE DAY: Portuguese is harder than English  –  Camacho  09/MAI/2004, 1:26 AM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  British Bulldog  09/MAI/2004, 8:32 PM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  Camacho  09/MAI/2004, 9:14 PM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  B Bullydog!!  10/MAI/2004, 12:15 AM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  Camacho  10/MAI/2004, 1:39 AM
Para camacho  –  Lucas  11/MAI/2004, 3:24 AM
 Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  Camacho  10/MAI/2004, 1:55 AM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  B B'dog  10/MAI/2004, 7:52 PM
Re: FACT OF THE century: Portuguese is  –  John Bull  20/MAI/2004, 2:19 AM
Re: FACT OF THE DAY: Portuguese is harder than ...  –  Julinho  10/MAI/2004, 2:10 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K