ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Kroc is Loco
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  25/MAR/2018 9:16 PM
Assunto:  Wizard estão me enrolando?

Mensagem: 
Hello everyone! The debate is getting hot...I like that!

I don't mean to pick on anyone with this new post. If I sound so, apologies in advance!

When it comes to learnig a foreign language, we commonly bump into arguments of all sorts. The ELT field is full of misconceptions, misbeliefs and controversy!

It has been a long time since the English language became a school subject, so people do expect to learn it in such a place, and personal experience provides me with real data to believe that it is possible to be succesful as a learner in that context. I am not going to discuss about "natural cirscumstances" of language acquisition, because I assume that this is not the point here. In terms of science, if we emphasise the method (which one meets students' needs best), then social interactionist theories may be an exciting starting point to reach some conclusions. On the other hand, if we focus on the learners' aptitude (ability to master communicative competence), nativist theories might be the right track!

Interesting enough, there are various factors which may (not) contribute to learning a language in the classroom context. In the end, results are somewhat difficult to predict. All methods in a variety of contexts have failed or succeeded in "producing" proficient learners. Any suggestions, such as songs, websites, games, etc, are always welcome. But if I am to give you a piece of advice in order to help you boost your English, I recommend learning collocations, fixed expressions, vocabulary (pronunciation, meaning and social level/formal vs. informal/high vs. low frequency), as well as grammar (function, form and communicative intention).

Cheers,
kroc

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  Matheus Alves  21/MAR/2018, 2:09 PM
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  Crok os loco  22/MAR/2018, 5:40 PM
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  Matheus  22/MAR/2018, 8:18 PM
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  PPAULO  22/MAR/2018, 10:26 PM
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  Matheus  23/MAR/2018, 9:37 PM
Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  PPAULO  25/MAR/2018, 5:06 PM
 Wizard estão me enrolando?   –  Kroc is Loco  25/MAR/2018, 9:16 PM