ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  PPAULO
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  25/JUL/2018 9:30 PM
Assunto:  Comércio intraindustrial

Mensagem:  Yours is a good question!

Well, it´s current among economists (students included) the usage of  "intraindustrial trade" with the meaning of "comércio de produtos industriais entre países ou estados", etc.  So, if you are writing your thesis, I think it´s okay with universities and the academic audience. 
There are plenty of books and articles on Economics in which that expression is within the title/heading.    So, you are in good company, and who am I to go against the grain on that one?  
:-)

On the grammarians (and/or nitpickers´ side), chances are that they beg to disagree.
It´s because "intraindustrial" would suggest something "within", that´s why we don´t see much of a translation of "intramuros" (they translate it "within the city) or intramural - when meaning "taking place within the place - OR as in "intramural" taking place sports organized within a particular institution (intramural sports - from Wikipedia).

Back to the crux:

...por meio do aproveitamento do comércio intraindustrial.

...through the use of interstate commerce and trade (with both neighbouring states and the rest of the country). 

http://grammarist.com/usage/inter-intra/

To those perfectionists, ha ha!  intraindustrial would be something "intramural" of sorts, within the industry compounds. See?

And intrastate (intra-state if you wish) trade and commerce, would be the one within the limits of a given state (in our case - Tocantins). 

Again, the academical audience won´t sue you if you use "intraindustrial trade".

I am not being judgemental here, on the contrary. I am giving you a tool you can use should someone read your work and say that it´s wrong, for such and such interpretation.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Comércio intraindustrial  –  Regina Sousa Maia  25/JUL/2018, 10:21 AM
 Comércio intraindustrial  –  PPAULO  25/JUL/2018, 9:30 PM
Comércio intraindustrial  –  PPAULO  26/JUL/2018, 10:24 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K