[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  carmen
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/JUN/2004 10:16 AM
Assunto:  To english teachers

Mensagem:  Hi my friends It's been a long time I don't participate in this forum. I've been very busy this year. As much as possible I take a look at this site I love very much. I'd like to share some ideas with the english teachers that surf in here. What I've noticed is that students, in general, absorb english from the basic level quite well. Like present and simple past tenses, adverbs, you know, things we teach in the first year. When they become more advanced they understand the new subjects,e.g present perfect, past unreal conditional, for instance. They do the homeworks well but they avoid using it in spontaneous conversations or in their free production.They always use the same structures. Sometimes I have to do some placement tests and I notice students who stopped studying english but who had studied it for years only produce well the basic. Have you noticed it? If so, why do you think it happens? Is there a reason? If the basic english is easier to learn, don't you think it's a process? I don't know if you got my idea.I'd like to hear from you. Your contribution is very important to me. Tks in advance I miss you all carmen

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 To english teachers  –  carmen  03/JUN/2004, 10:16 AM
Re: To english teachers  –  Maria Valeska  03/JUN/2004, 11:51 AM
Re: Maria Valeska-To english teachers  –  Johannes  04/JUN/2004, 10:41 AM
Re: Maria Valeska-To english teachers  –  Maria Valeska  04/JUN/2004, 11:17 AM
Re: To english teachers  –  Tom  03/JUN/2004, 4:28 PM
Re: To english teachers  –  carmen  04/JUN/2004, 9:27 AM
Re: To english teachers  –  Tom  11/JUN/2004, 8:40 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K