[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  pat
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  09/FEV/2003 9:33 PM
Assunto:  Re: Answer to Ana Maria

Mensagem:  Miguel meu amigo, Are you intellectually active enough to give me an example of what you mean by "intellectually lazy"? And don't quote me as an example if you want to be taken seriously. You dis-ingenuously said that I intentionally wrote "anglo" when I meant "american", even though it was perfectly clear that I meant anglo. You did that to give the implication that I am racist. I think you decided I was racist the minute you figured out that I am a white american. That is because you think most or all white americans are racist, as was clearly shown when you told Ana Maria, whom you have never seen, that all or most americans would consider her as black. Not that it should matter if she was. Let me ask you: why do you stay in this country if white americans are punitively racist? Could it be because you have excellent opportunities here for education and earning money, and nobody bothers you or tries to hold you back because you are black? I bet right now, even as a student, you are living in ten times the comfort of the average Brazilian. Yes, racism exists in America. It also exists in every other place in the world, and probably with more damaging effect. I bet it was worse where you were raised, judging from what you have said about it. You should start living up to your supposed education instead of sniping at people. Caro Amigos Brasileiros, I apologize for making so many messages about an indelicate subject. This is my last on this subject.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Answer to Ana Maria  –  Miguel Vieira  08/FEV/2003, 6:59 PM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  pat  08/FEV/2003, 7:50 PM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  Miguel Vieira  08/FEV/2003, 8:13 PM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  pat  08/FEV/2003, 9:12 PM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  Miguel Vieira  09/FEV/2003, 1:17 AM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  Ana Maria  09/FEV/2003, 1:29 AM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  pat  09/FEV/2003, 9:40 AM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  José Roberto  09/FEV/2003, 2:51 PM
Re: Answer to Ana Maria  –  Miguel Vieira  09/FEV/2003, 5:01 PM