[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  03/DEZ/2004 12:28 AM
Assunto:  what's a "drop-off point"

Mensagem:  I'd like to know how to say "drop off point" in Portuguese. When we have clothes for the poor we take them to the Salvation Army drop-off point and we put them in a collection box. When we recyle newspapers, glass or plastic we take everything to the drop-off point. Point is a "lugar determindao ou designado" and drop-off means to place something, release something, to unload something When the bus reaches the end of the line it drops off all of the passengers. I want to describe the place where the city and county collection agencies have been taking all of the trees and wood from the areas affected by the hurricane. The trucks take the tree trunks, tree limbs, leaves and other materials to drop-off points where they are separated and then destroyed. If I want to take some of the environmentally friendly waste (trees, branches, leaves, etc) to the landfill drop-off point I can do it myself. The landfill is a big hole in the ground where things are allowed to decompose naturally. So the question is: what's a good up to date way to say drop-off point?

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
 what's a "drop-off point"  –  Tom  03/DEZ/2004, 12:28 AM
Re: what's a  –  Wauber  03/DEZ/2004, 1:23 AM
Re: what's a  –  Tom  03/DEZ/2004, 10:16 AM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K