[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Tom
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  30/DEZ/2004 7:49 PM
Assunto:  Re: Tired of people bashing my country

Mensagem:  No, you're not the American basher. It's a guy in the UN. He doesn't have his facts right. No one really ever has all of the facts. The Dutch, Portuguese and other European nations give relatively large amounts. Also, their private organizations, churches, industries, unions and philanthropists give more than is ever recognized. I just wish that instead of pointing fingers and creating disharmony that the politics could be left aside for a while. By the way.....you asked about those pools (jacuzzi, hot tubs, etc). I've never been a fan of the smaller ones. When I lived in Arizona we had a square pool that was about three meters on each side and with a bench built in around the edges under the water. It was heated and had strong jets moving the water around. That was fun. After the sun went down the desert got cold very quickly. Being in the warm water was a delight. Getting out and getting dried was a bummer.....cold night air makes the skin pucker real fast!! The neighborhood kids liked to sneak in at night and put soap powder in the pool. The first person to turn it on in the morning sure got an unpleasant surprise.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Tired of people bashing my country  –  Tom  30/DEZ/2004, 1:58 PM
Re: Tired of people bashing my country  –  johannes  30/DEZ/2004, 6:39 PM
 Re: Tired of people bashing my country  –  Tom  30/DEZ/2004, 7:49 PM
bubbles  –  Johannes  30/DEZ/2004, 8:31 PM
Re: bubbles  –  Tom  30/DEZ/2004, 9:54 PM
Re: bubbles  –  Dale  31/DEZ/2004, 2:11 AM
Re: bubbles  –  Tom  31/DEZ/2004, 10:34 AM
Re: bubbles  –  André Oliveira  31/DEZ/2004, 10:45 AM
Re: bubbles  –  Dale  31/DEZ/2004, 3:39 PM