[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Alexandre
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  19/FEV/2005 11:42 PM
Assunto:  Re: Accurate?

Mensagem:  I recall one experience in china where a buisiness man from são paulo imported 5 forklifts whose specifications needed to be the ones adverstised by the chinese company. Well they were not and after meeting with the chinese factory owners, having lunch, tea etc etc they promised to replace the forklifts. Two days later we called to confirm. Their answer " we changed our minds, we will not replace them, tell your client to adjust them".
I think this happens alot in china, at least from what i heard from others.
I have found that one of the best things about being honest and having a reputation for honesty is not only the money you can make but the possibilities that arise. One chinese friend whom i have no restrictions concerning his honesty invited me to help him invest in brazil. His capital was over 20 times the capital i had yet he trusted me enough to invite me to be his partner since according to brazilian law a foreigner needs a brazilian partner. I trusted him enough to consider being his partner since if something went wrong he could just leave and i would bear the legal consequences of the firms actions. In the end i declined his offer because it wasnt a comitment i could make at that time. I did mention some people who may be willing to join him in investing in brazil and some people he would be better off avoiding. Why? they were all competent, they were all hardworking, but they just were not honest.

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Accurate?  –  Alexandre  19/FEV/2005, 2:20 AM
Re: Accurate?  –  Alexandre  19/FEV/2005, 3:14 AM
Re: Accurate?  –  Johannes  19/FEV/2005, 12:47 PM
Re: Accurate?  –  Alexandre  19/FEV/2005, 6:52 PM
Re: Accurate?  –  Dale  19/FEV/2005, 7:44 PM
 Re: Accurate?  –  Alexandre  19/FEV/2005, 11:42 PM
Re: Accurate?  –  Eddy Souza  20/FEV/2005, 12:57 AM
Re: Accurate?  –  Dale  20/FEV/2005, 2:44 AM
Re: Accurate?  –  Alexandre  20/FEV/2005, 7:12 AM