[  EMB's Main Menu  |  Forum Index  |  Cadastro  |  Search  ]

ENGLISH
PORTUGUESE
 LINGUISTICS & CULTURE

Autor:  Dale
E-mail:  não-disponível
Data:  22/FEV/2005 10:09 AM
Assunto:  Re: lyrics

Mensagem:  I may be wrong, but... "I was hoping we could be raw together." I believe the writer is saying "...be nude together"/"...have sex together." Compare the line with the following: "I was hoping we could be creamy together." This also appears to be reference to sex. Or do I just have a dirty mind? "I was all pigtails and cords." The writer is in an upscale restaurant, but he is dressed very informally. "Pigtails" refers to his hairstyle. Although it is very common among little girls, it is extremely unusual to find a man wearing his hair like this. One man who does is Willie Nelson. "Cords" doesn't refer to "cordas" but to corduroy pants (veludo de cotulê), an informal style of clothing. He is using an informal hairstyle and informal clothing as well while he is in a fancy restaurant. And what does he think upon leaving? "And there was a day when I would've said something like, "Hey dude, I could buy and sell this place, so kiss it." (Oi, cara, uma vez poderia ter comprado este restaurante. Me beija o cu.)

Envie uma resposta
Índice de mensagens

English Made in Brazil -- English, Portuguese, & contrastive linguistics
Lyrics  –  Joao Carlos  22/FEV/2005, 7:36 AM
Re: lyrics  –  Alexandre  22/FEV/2005, 8:07 AM
 Re: lyrics  –  Dale  22/FEV/2005, 10:09 AM
Re: lyrics  –  joao carlos  22/FEV/2005, 10:22 AM
Re: lyrics  –  Dale  22/FEV/2005, 3:59 PM

Contents of this forum are copy-free.
By S&K